Applications are invited from eligible young graduates for Bhumi Fellowship 2023-25. The last date of application is 15 August.
Bhumi is one of India’s largest volunteer organisations. Since 2006, the organisation has been providing youngsters a platform to serve the society and bridge the gap between the educated and the uneducated.
Our volunteers and staff educate and mentor children from orphanages, slum and village community centres and low-income schools across the country to give them a better future, which will benefit them as well as our country. Bhumi’s educational programs are currently operational across 12 cities in India.
About Bhumi Fellowship
The Bhumi Fellowship is a full-time paid two-year program designed to develop educational changemakers to lead the next movement in the public education system.
Centred around the holistic development of children, the Bhumi fellowship will help you build an ecosystem within the school, to enable school leaders and teachers to equip students with the knowledge, adaptability, and resilience to excel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work actively on improving student learning outcomes by teaching for a minimum of 12-15 hours every week
- Support teachers with innovative teaching methods and upskilling them towards achieving excellent student learning outcome
- Create a culture of collaboration, learning and love within the school to enable the social and emotional development of students
- Improve the leadership skills of Headmasters/Headmistresses
- Identify the challenges faced by the school or the community and design a robust and sustainable solution
- Build effective community-school linkages to improve the investment of the community in Education
- Facilitate trainings and spaces for teachers in the school towards building their knowledge, skills, and mindsets
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Graduate in any stream. Degree in Education is a plus.
- Proven track record of excellence
Who are we looking for:
- Youth aged between 20-30 years.
- Having volunteer experience is a plus, not mandatory.
- Is truly inclined to work in the social sector especially the education sector by creating impacts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Ability to build relationships and invest them
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Passion for social change through Education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to speak in Tamil mandatory)
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills.
A stipend of Rs. 18,000, non-negotiable
Commitment: 2 years (to be eligible for the fellowship completion certificate)
Chennai (Additional grant of INR 5,000 shall be applied for outstation fellows upon permanent relocation to Chennai for the fellowship).
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
15 August 2022.