Applications are invited from Meritorious Girls Students for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2022-23.
About Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Meritorious Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging Minorities” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India (late) Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
To recognize, promote and assist girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
The scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis are eligible.
- The scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class/qualifying exam.
- The annual income of student’s parent/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- An Income certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UTs Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A self-Certified Community Certificate is required from a student who has attained 18 years of age. For others, the Community Certificate certified by the parent/guardian of the student is required.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or canceled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of scholarship will be provided Rs.5000/each for Class IX & X and Rs.6000/-each for Class XI & XII.
- The selection of eligible students is based on the %age of marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exam and parent’s/ guardian’s annual income.
- Merit lists are prepared for the selection of students based on the marks obtained in qualifying exam. State-wise-community-wise quota is fixed on the basis of minority population of the state in accordance to 2011 Census.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
September 30, 2022