Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) (International) at Flinders University.
About the Scholarship
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover.
A limited number (up to 5) of AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Awards will normally only be available to those who:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offered. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for an AGRTPS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Intend to enrol in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has particular strength, has concentrated its research resources and has attracted external funding; and
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature
- The AGRTPS pays a stipend at the standard rate set by the Australian Government of $28,854 pa tax free (2022 full time rate). The AGRTPS also includes a Research Training Program place (RTP), which provides an off set for tuition fees for up to 4 years.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
How to Apply?
- International applicants – apply via Studylink and details about international admission can be found here.
- Once you have read the information you should complete registration through this link.
- Once you have completed a registration, you will be able to log back into that portal to complete your application for admission.
- A Flinders student ID is created within 1 hour after a registration has been submitted – you will need to take note of this number.
August 5, 2022