Submissions are invited for Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge 2.0 by MyGov for the year 2021. The last date of submission is 31 December.
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, in partnership with Startup India, launched the ‘Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge’, to scout for innovative and commercially viable solutions to address the problems faced by the animal husbandry and dairy sector. The challenge was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, on 11th September 2019 at a national animal disease control program in Mathura.
The challenge was open for application to startups from 11th September 2019 to 30th October 2019, on the Startup India portal – www.startupindia.gov.in. 157 applications were received in total for the six problem statements.
The second edition of the challenge is now being launched, ‘Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge 2.0.’ It is critical for the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) to keep scouting for innovative solutions and harnessing the power of new technologies in these sectors.
- Development of cost-effective, long-term, and user-friendly alternatives for storage and supply of semen doses
- Development of cost-effective animal identification (RFID) and traceability technology
- Development of heat detection kits
- Development of pregnancy diagnosis kits for dairy animals
- Improvement in existing milk supply-chain from village collection centre to the dairy plant
- Development of low-cost cooling and milk preservation system and a data logger
Interested candidates can submit entries via this page.
Last date of application submission is 31st December 2021.
Click here to view the official notification of Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge 2.0 by MyGov.
You may also be interested in: