The Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non- denominational, non-government development organisation. AKRSP (India) began field operations in 1985. AKRSP (I) works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities to promote activities and develop models for sustainable natural resource use and development of human resources.
AKRSP (India) also partners with other NGOs and research agencies to influence policies and programmes of the Government and market players to improve the quality of life of the rural poor. It is a member of many state and national committees on natural resource management, sanitation, etc.
AKRSP (I) has initiated the Research Fellowship on Water Control for Tribal Community to support youth to take up highly relevant and policy-oriented research. The fellowship programme will comprise of 10 months duration with specific deliverables. Shorter duration of upto 6 months will be considered as a special case.
Selected youths will undergo induction training at the outset of the programme followed by the allocation of specific project and location. A monthly workshop will be conducted to review the progress of the project allocated to fellows, share insights and give guidance. Fellows are expected to do the following:
- To display a high commitment to the cause of water control in Tribal areas through research and similar activities
- To attend each and every programme which are part of the fellowship.
- To submit assign deliverables on due dates
- They are also expected to adhere to the rules and regulations of AKRSP(I) and Fellowship programme.
Selected candidates will be posted in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra.
Socially conscious youth in the age group of 18-30 and Youth Candidates who belong to tribal communities or have worked in rural areas (especially on water management) will be given priority.
- Sincere, passionate and willing to contribute to the community with a full-time commitment for ten months.
- Fluency in English will be needed.
- Graduate with good communication skills and research orientation.
- Photography and video-making skills will be an added advantage.
A monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000 will be provided to support basic needs. Travel and other necessary official expenses will be reimbursed after producing bills.